Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture seeks talented individuals to join our practice.
Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture, LLP (AS+GG), an international award winning firm, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values and encourages a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants should email their resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently available positions:
Design Technology Specialist: Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture is looking for an eager and self-motivated individual to become a member of the IT team to fulfill the role of Design Technology Specialist. AS+GG is a high-profile architectural design firm with an international presence where technology is essential to the design process. In this role you will have the opportunity to explore, promote and support the adoption of new design technologies within the firm. Including technology workflows related to Computational Design, Building Analysis, Building Information Modelling (BIM), Design Visualization including Virtual and Augmented Reality, and methods of Digital Fabrication. You will work collaboratively with our project teams and other staff to provide support and solutions in their daily use of various design application tools.
The Duties include but are not limited to:
- Investigate and explore new and emerging design technologies.
- Support and assist in implementation and overall adoption of advanced uses of design application methods and building information modelling practices
- Develop and apply technology driven solutions for design challenges.
- Learn and communicate to end-users, new application features and design workflows.
- Install and administer application software including tasks relating to configuration, setup and customization.
- Provide day to day end user support for MS Windows based design applications and workstation hardware.
- As a member of the IT Team under guidance of firm Director of IT, assist with maintenance and support of firmwide technology systems.
- Knowledge and experience of architectural design processes
- Experience in using and supporting advanced design application tools and methodologies
- Bachelor’s in Architecture or other related design professional degree.
- Expert Knowledge in Revit and Rhino applications
- Highly proficient in Dynamo and Grasshopper
- Experience in using programmatic scripting methods such as Python
- Working knowledge of BIM practices, standard, techniques and delivery tools
- An extensive knowledge of visualization tools such as Maxell Render, Octane, Unity, V-Ray and Enscape
- Familiarity with building performance analysis tools, virtual and augmented reality systems
- Familiarity with operation of digital fabrication tools and 3D printing devices
- A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office365 applications
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 10 operating system and workstation hardware systems
- Having a general passion for the latest technologies as it relates to the A/E environment is a must
- Ability to collaborate with and work in support of design teams
- Provide knowledge sharing and training opportunities to staff